Hunter & Central Coast Enabling Regional Adaptation
Throughout 2019 the Hunter and Central Coast Enabling Regional Adaptation (HCC ERA) project took place in the Hunter & Central Coast state planning regions. Over 150 regional decision makers were engaged to understand how the impacts of climate change may affect local communities and identify opportunities to respond.
The Enabling Regional Adaptation (ERA) process:
- provides a credible evidence base to inform government adaptation planning by developing regional understanding of the impacts of projected climate change and vulnerability for key systems
- builds on the capacity of decision-makers to capture opportunities for regional climate change adaptation projects between sectors, across local and state government.
Climate change adaptation pathways to transition key Hunter & Central Coast systems to a more resilient future, have been developed for:
- Aboriginal cultural values
- Circular economy
- Community resilience
- Emergency management
- Industry transformation
- Protection of natural systems and environment
- Transport and infrastructure
- Water and water security
For further information on the HCC ERA project, contact adapt.NSW@environment.nsw.gov.au